- At approximately 8 p.m. Wednesday, May 1, 197 Consumers Energy natural gas customers in Freedom Township, around the Pleasant Lake area, lost service due to a loss of gas pressure.
- Consumers Energy’s focus is on the safe, prompt restoration of gas service. Per our safety standards, employees worked overnight Wednesday and early Thursday to turn off each of the customer’s gas services.
- The line was repressurized at 6 a.m. and Consumers Energy employees are in the process of going door-to-door to restore gas service. This involves entering each home to relight appliances. This work is expected to continue until late afternoon Thursday.
- Door tags with more information will be left for customers who are not home to have their service relighted during the day. Consumers Energy employees will be available into the evening to perform this service.
- A cause for the loss of pressure is under investigation. We appreciate our customers’ understanding and patience as we work to safely restore service.
- For more information please call 800-477-5050.
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category